30 January 2012

Vegan Tofu Scramble

As a [vegan] food blogger, I am constantly scouring the web (and books when I'm feeling nostalgic) for all things food-related.  This includes recipes, blogs, photos, bios of foodies, you name it.  It's very exciting when I find a new recipe that I think I'll be able to rework and make my own, but sometimes I just need to be lazy, and that means one of two things:

1.  Ordering out.

2.  Using a Veganomicon recipe.

I opted for the latter the other night...or rather, my mom did (even lazier).  And actually, the recipe was not from her book--that requires flipping pages, after all--it was from her blog, Post Punk Kitchen.  Isa Chandra Moskowitz's recipes are fail-proof.  Every time I make one--or, again, my mom--I know the final dish is going to be delicious.  Tonight was no exception.

I wanted a breakfast-y dinner, so I thought: Scrambled Tofu!  I keyed those words into the blog's search box and up popped a delicious-sounding recipe for...you guessed it...scrambled tofu.  My mom made ours with green onions and Crimini mushrooms, topped with avocado.  Divine.  On mine I, of course, put hot sauce.
 The full spread, with Ezekial Cinnamon Raisin Sprouted Grain Muffins.

 The full spread, a little closer.

 The avocado was unexpectedly divine.

This, very likely, looks disgusting.  It was, however, entirely opposite of disgusting: it was delicious.  What you are looking at is creamy avocado and sauteed mushrooms cloaked in savory herbs and garlic, spread on a muffin.  I'm pretty sure I ate more than a half a pound of the tofu.  How could I not, though, really?

No comments:

Post a Comment