- 1/2 c. brown rice
- 1 medium banana
- 2 T. chopped walnuts
- 2 T. unsweetened coconut (I got mine from Whole Foods' bulk section)
- 1 T. pure maple syrup (kind of expensive but it will last forever!)
- Salt, to taste
- Pretty easy--just cook up some brown rice in your favorite rice cooker or, if you have leftovers on hand, go ahead and pop that in the microwave with a little bit of water for 1.5 to 2 minutes, depending on your microwave.
*You can, of course, use white rice or oats, if you'd prefer, but I like the chewy, heartiness of brown rice and I think it works really well in this recipe.
- Slice banana to desirable thicknesses.
- Toss in walnuts and coconut (you can toast it if you've got extra time and really feeling crazy).
- Drizzle on maple syrup.