17 January 2012

Ann Arbor Visit!!!

Because I know I, personally, hate to see too much text at the beginning of a blog post, I'm leading with a picture.

My breakfast:


YUM!  So lately I've been obsessed with the combination of bananas and peanut butter.  To substantiate my claim, check out my most recent Etsy shop addition.

Here we have an Ezekial Sprouted Grain Muffin (they're THE BEST) with Earth Balance Peanut Butter and a freshly cut banana smashed into the peanut buttery decadence.

A close up:

I will probably have the same thing tomorrow OR I will have a banana slathered with peanut butter and then topped with coconut or I will forego the peanut butter (sigh) and have quinoa with banana, walnuts, coconut, brown sugar and salt.  My excitement for breakfast is unhealthy and the fact that I plan it the night before is rather sad.

Anywhos (ugh), getting to the title of this post, I went to Ann Arbor today!  I love that city so much and I felt nostalgic driving through campus.  Oh well.  As yoga has taught me, nothing can stay the same.  Change is good and healthy.  It makes us stronger.  So while I do miss U of M, I know I am exactly where I need to be.

Today Whole Foods and Big City Small World Bakery was exactly where I needed to be.  I NEEDED more Hilary's cookies and for those of you following my blog, you know they are unavailable at my local Whole Foods but Ann Arbor's Whole Foods did not disappoint!  I was so excited to have them in my possession again that I took a picture of them right there in my car...on my lap.  I will be reviewing them in my next post.


I also purchased some frozen edamame to make my food purchase more well-rounded.    I needed it for my dinner tonight.

Next stop on my list was the post office but I got so distracted by/excited about going to Big City Small World Bakery to get my vegan ding dong that I went there before the post office.

I was going to get one for my mom but she did not seem as excited about the notion of a vegan ding dong as I so I opted for a cherry turnover for her.  Here is a very ambiguous picture of the goods: 


Mouth-watering close-ups of each will come.  Don't you worry.

Toodles!

Laura

P.S.  This was my lunch:



Isn't it pretty?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?  Recipe is courtesy of Callie England of Rawxy Foods.  I made mine without sauerkraut or wakame, though--I didn't think it needed it.  I also used broccoli sprouts as my "sprout of choice."  They are just so darn adorable and, well, I like the taste of broccoli.  I suppose other sprouts would work but if you can find broccoli and like broccoli, use 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment