16 January 2012

Lunch at Whole Foods and Etsy Shop Updates!

I had a delicious lunch with my mom at Whole Foods today and after I had purchased my food and sat down to it I realized I had forgotten my camera.  Not a great start to my photographic vegan food journey.  And my lunch looked so pretty too!  I will use my powers of description to convey what does not exist in visual form. 

My lunch was a vegetable sushi roll that I purchased from the sushi kiosk of sorts near the hot bar, salad bar, soup bar, pizza area--basically food court--section of Whole Foods.  I like that the sushi rolls and other Asian food items are prepared fresh daily.  There is nothing worse sounding, and I'm sure tasting, than a one or two-day-old wrap...especially because of the nature of this wrap's ingredients: avocado, cucumber, carrot and butter lettuce wrapped in rice paper.  The result was like looking at a cross-section of some exotic planet:  thin white outer crust (rice paper) with a vibrant green wavy mantle (lettuce) and a core of bright purple (red cabbage), orange (carrot) and green (cucumber).  Now you tell me that description's not better than a photo.

Ooh!  And it's worth noting that my vegetable roll came with the perfect amount of this really yummy peanut sauce ;)

Now, getting to the SECOND part of this blog post's title:  ETSY UPDATES!  For those of you following my blog (I believe you people exist), yesterday I promised an updated Etsy shop by today, and I delivered!  I was a mean, green baking machine this weekend, and after hours of opening and closing an oven door, melting chocolate on the stove and wiping down my kitchen counter, I have a large collection of sweet delicacies (ooh la la!) to show for it.

And now...PICTURES!

Granola Bombs:




"Elvis Would Be Proud" Cookies:





Peanut Butter Corn Flakes Cookies:





Peppermint Patties:



*These little devils were SO incredibly time consuming and DIFFICULT to make.  It was my second attempt at making them and I thought the process might go faster this time but it took just as long.  Suffice it to say, these will be available on my Etsy store for only a limited time and only on very rare occasions.  It's too bad, too, because they are D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S.

As always, you can find out more about my goodies (and order some if you get overcome by the need to stuff your face with caramel corn) at my Etsy site:

http://etsy.com/shop/vegandelights

Well, that is enough for this post. 

Until soon and toodles!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment