21 January 2012

Kale Pizza with Sweet Potato Crust

THANK.  YOU.  RAWXY.  I seriously love your recipes.  Tonight I made this pizza for myself and my mom (which took me forever, as do most *new* recipes, but hopefully it will go faster next time), and it was PHENOMENAL!

"Yum" is all I--and probably you--can say.

I loved, loved, LOVED the sweet potato crust and I even made my OWN quinoa flour, which the recipe gives the option of doing.  The pesto I put on the pizza was not a part of the original recipe but was my own creative addition.  I also opted for organic fire roasted diced tomatoes over sliced Camparis, as was listed in the recipe.

The raw parmesan the recipe calls for is soooooooo good too.  I almost didn't make it because I was getting sick of cooking and thought, my pizza will be good enough as it is, but I would have been wrong.    The "parmesan" made it.  I must say that I liked it better than Isa Chandra Moskowitz's "Almesan," which I find too moist/lemony.  That said, I still idolize and worship my Veganomicon as the Holy Grail, I'm just saying, I, personally, liked this "parmesan" better ;)

As I said, the pizza took damn near forever for me to make (it did not help matters that my pesto was not pre-made, nor was my "parmesan," nor were my sweet potatoes) but, two hours later, typing this, I have a very happy, very FULL tummy.

Just look at that "cheese."

Close-up number two.

No comments:

Post a Comment