13 March 2012

RECIPE: Everything-But-The-Kitchen-Sink Collard Wrap

The name says it all.  I put literally everything I seemed to have on hand in this wrap, and it tasted divine.  That which did not fit in the wrap went outside of it and got eaten too.  I added a mango, for good measure ;)  Lately I've been OBSESSED with mangos.



Everything-But-The-Kitchen-Sink Collard Wrap

Ingredients:
-  1 large collard green, stem shaved off for easier rolling
-  1/2 avocado (I mush mine in a bowl and add a little salt because I like eating the avocado like a spread because it makes for easier rolling.  You can, of course, slice the avocado)
-  1 heaping cup baby spinach
-  small handful sunflower sprouts
-  1 T. maple dijon dressing,* drizzled on the spinach and sprouts
-  1/4 carrot, julienned (slice the remaining carrot into sticks and eat with your wrap!)
-  1.5" cucumber, thinly sliced (again, you will not use it all so gobble up the rest!
-  a few apple slices, cut very thin and halved
-  6 whole walnuts
-  1 T. dried cranberries

*For dressing, whisk together 3 T. pure maple syrup, 2 T. apple cider vinegar, 2 T. stone ground/Dijon mustard, 3 T. grapeseed oil and salt/pepper, to taste.


Directions:

Assemble the wrap by adding ingredients atop the collard green in the order they're listed.  Twist the wrap up in waxed paper anyway you know how (I'm still horrible at securing sandwich wraps so I am pretty much useless here).  Cut in half.  Eat!







This wrap is not complicated but it does take some time and preparation, so make sure to allow for such.  It took ME longer than usual because on Sunday I had a minor kitchen mandolin accident.  Am doing better, and am functioning, but at a much slower pace : /


No comments:

Post a Comment