01 March 2012

Oatmeal with Kiwi and Dried Cherries

I am SUCH a breakfast person.  I seriously get excited for breakfast every night before I go to bed.  Sad?  Adorable?  You decide.

Anyway, lately I've been OBSESSED with Kathy's Healthy Happy Life blog and have been scouring it to see what I can make with what I already have on hand (I'm making a modified version of her Kiwi Basil Smoothie later this afternoon and will post pictures to follow!).

For breakfast yesterday I made her Kiwi Cherry Almond Oatmeal, and I loved the combination!  My oatmeal usually consists of the "expected" add-ins--walnuts, raisins, coconut, cinnamon, brown sugar, etc.--but that gets boring!  And oats are so versatile, why not experiment with other ingredients?!  So I was really excited when I saw this recipe.  I love kiwi.  I love cherries (dried and otherwise).  I love almonds.  Boom.

My pictures are definitely not as pretty as hers but they still look tasty to me!


2 comments:

  1. Nothing is more comforting then a nice warm bowl of oatmeal. I am not a fan of adding fresh fruit inside but I like to eat it along side. Call me strange but its a texture issue lol You always take such awesome photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what?! I'm actually the same way! I like the individual ingredients and think it looks somewhat *gourmet* but I'll still take a bowl of oatmeal with raisins, walnuts, brown sugar and cinnamon any day! Maybe I'll spice things up and toss in some dried cherries instead of raisins from time to time!

    ReplyDelete