31 July 2012

Foodie Pen Pals

This July was my first month participating as a Foodie Pen Pal!  I got matched up with another participant (who lives in San Francisco) and someone else got matched up with me!


The pen pals ask one another about their dietary restrictions, flavor preferences, et cetera, so I told my pen pal, Audrie, that I am a vegan who loves mangoes, dark chocolate and weird raw snacks!  Audrie sent me a box of dried mangos, PB2, chocolate-covered pretzels and a dark chocolate bar.  I was a happy camper.

I ate the dried mangoes with a fresh banana, some shredded coconut, buckwheat groats and hemp milk for breakfast one day and it was delicious--kind of tropical-y in nature.

The PB2 was an awesome item to give to a foodie like myself!  I'd never heard of the stuff before, let alone tried it!  For those of you who do not know what PB2 is, it is a powdered peanut butter made of only roasted peanuts, sugar and salt!  I love that the ingredient list is so short and that I know what everything is!  As for how to use PB2, you mix two tablespoons of the powder with one tablespoon of water to create a peanut butter-like paste, which you can then eat with whatever you'd like--carrots, oreos, spread on toast--but I decided to put two tablespoons of PB2 into my banana smoothie and it tasted great!  I will definitely make that again.  Oh!  And did I mention Audrie sent me the chocolate-flavored PB2?  Yes, that's right.  There's an original PB2 and a PB2 with chocolate.  I'm definitely glad I got to try the chocolate but I'm sure the original is tasty as well.

The chocolate-covered pretzels were gone in like a day.  After all, how is something like that supposed to last?  Salty?  Chocolate-y?  Crunchy?  All in one?  Yup.  That's not going to last.

The last item in my box was an Endangered Species 72% Dark Chocolate Bar.  Additionally, Endangered Species contributes ten percent of all sales to helping endangered species, which is a wonderful incentive for buying chocolate from this company--not to mention, it tastes great.

So to sum everything up, I was VERY satisfied with my first Foodie Pen Pal experience.  For those of you interested in becoming a Foodie Pen Pal for August, you can find out more about the program here.


No comments:

Post a Comment