These Apricot "Fruitbusters", as I like to call them, are really nothing more than sweet balls of processed dried apricots, shredded coconut, coconut oil, agave, lemon zest and sea salt.
Quick, easy and nutritious.
Here you go!
Raw Apricot Fruitbusters
- 1 heaping c. dried organic apricots
- 1.5 c. unsweetened shredded coconut + 1/3 c. or so extra for rolling balls in at the end
- 1/4 c. liquid coconut oil
- 1/4 c. agave nectar
- Zest 1/2 lemon, or more, depending on how tart you want your fruitbusters
- 1/8 t. sea salt
1. Sprinkle the 1/3 c. of coconut on a plate and set aside.
2. Process all ingredients together (except the extra 1/3 c. coconut) in the food processor until they are well incorporated.
3. Wrap mixture in cling wrap and allow it to chill for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
4. Remove mixture from refrigerator and use melon scooper to scoop out equal portions of mixture. 5. Roll into balls, using your hands, and then roll in shredded coconut on the plate you set aside.
6. Place finished balls on a wax paper-lined plate, cover them, and allow them to firm up in the freezer. When ready to eat, remove from freezer and allow fruitbusters to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before eating.