Raw Orange Cream Pie
- 1 c. raw walnuts
- 1 scant T. agave nectar
- 1 tsp. liquid coconut oil*
- 1 scant tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
*Note: To convert solid coconut oil to liquid form, simply place jar of coconut oil in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes.
Orange Cream Filling
- 1 c. raw cashews, soaked 2-3 hours or overnight (I was impatient and only let mine soak for two hours or so and the cream still turned out great!)
- 1 medium-large orange, juiced and zested
- 1 scant T. agave
- Pinch sea salt
1. Combine crust ingredients in a food processor until a ball forms.
2. Divide mixture in half and press each half into greased 4" or 5" tart pans (I greased mine with coconut oil and used a paper towel to wipe the sides and bottom).
3. Place pans in freezer to firm up while you create cream filling.
4. Clean food processor and filling ingredients until well combined, about two minutes.
5. Divide mixture between crust shells and put back in freezer. Let set at least 3-4 hours.
6. When ready to eat, allow pies to sit at room temperature for 45 minutes or so.