Curry Quinoa Bowl
- 1/4 c. dry quinoa
- 2/3 c. water
- 1 c. baby arugala
- 1 ataulfo mango
- 1 small head broccoli, blanched
- 1/2 c. edamame, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 T. slivered almonds (toasted, optional, but recommended!)
- 2 tsp. curry powder, divided
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1 T. pureed mango (reserve from whole, fresh mango)
- Salt, to taste
1. Place quinoa, water and 1 tsp. curry powder in a small pot. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and let cook 8 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together a dressing of remaining 1 tsp. curry powder, olive oil, rice vinegar and pureed mango.
3. Peel and dice mango. Set aside. Place arugala on a plate and top with quinoa, edamame, broccoli and mango. Pour dressing over dish and sprinkle with almonds. Toss lightly and eat immediately!