30 May 2012

Happy Memorial Day!

Well, better late than never!  Although Memorial Day was two days ago, I still wanted to share some of my culinary creations I made over the holiday weekend.


For Memorial Day Eve, I made these DELICIOUS tempeh lettuce wraps.  I got the recipe from Vegetarian Times and took their suggestion to serve it with julienned carrots and cucumbers as well as fresh herbs--cilantro, mint and basil.  Very Thai-y.


The dish was beyond easy to make and tasted scrumptious.  It was the perfect amount of food for me and my mom, too.  I will definitely make this again but next time I think I will add a pinch more chili sauce.

Oh, and did I mention I lllllooooooooovvvvvvveeeeee tempeh?  I'd never really had it but now that I have, I'm hooked.  The brand I used was LightLife (soy flavor) and I will use it again!  Even steamed, before I seasoned the tempeh, it tasted delicious.

Fast forward:  Memorial Day.  I made a raw key lime pie, sprinkled with coconut.  DEELISH!!!  For dinner I had a gourmet portobello burger with grilled peaches, avocado slices and Dijon mustard on a whole grain bun.  I would have taken a picture but I was just too dang excited to eat it and, thus, the picture never happened.  I did snag one of the pie, though, before it entered my belly.


No comments:

Post a Comment