13 February 2013

Raw Cacao Nib Cookies!

I am in love with these cookies!  They are about the size of a York Peppermint Patty so you know what that means...I can eat a TON of them.  Not to mention, they're pretty darn healthy and VERY darn delicious.

The reason I have not titled this post RECIPE: Raw Cacao Nib Cookies is because the recipe is not mine!  I owe 100% of the credit to Heather Pace.  She has a-mazing recipes, and this recipe was one I decided to make simply because it was super easy and because I already had all the ingredients on hand!

Making almond milk once a week has become such an awesome thing because it leaves me with beautiful pulp to reuse!  So far I have transformed the pulp into two types of crackers, dehydrated it to make flour and now, used it as the base of cookies.  The possibilites are endless!

So feast your eyes, and make sure to check out Heather's site, Sweetly Raw.









2 comments:

  1. Yum these look delicious!!! What a perfect Valentine's day treat ;) I'm jealous of your almond pulp too. I wonder if I'll be able to make almond milk in my not so great blender? Usually I start in the food processor and then move it to the blender and it works pretty well for dressings and stuff so maybe I'll try almond milk. Anyway, yummy raw treats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! They're great--a nice little pick-me-up ;)

    As for your not-so-great blender (LOL!), I definitely think you could make pulp! Just blend your almonds and water for a while (maybe two minutes??) and then use a cheesecloth to strain the milk. Make sure and really wring out the cloth to get all the excess water and voila! You will have pulp :) And milk, for that matter!

    ReplyDelete