This smoothie, which, in all fairness, should be dubbed a "milkshake" due to its decadence, is so yummy I had it two days in a row. Tomorrow will make it three, most likely, and Wednesday, four, and, well...you get the idea. It's good.
The first time I made it without cacao powder. It was delicious but the addition of cacao powder makes it all the more wonderful. Not to mention, cacao powder is an excellent source of fiber, antioxidants and a bucket list of other good things, branding it a nutritional "Superfood." So in it went. No guilt.
Hope you enjoy!
- 1/2 c. flavored coffee (regular will suffice buuuuuuttttttt...)
- 1/2 c. cashew milk (again, any non dairy milk will work but I like cashew milk for its creaminess!)
- 1 date, roughly chopped
- 1 T. ground flax seed
- 1 T. cacao powder
- 1 tsp. lucuma powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1.5 frozen bananas
- 3-4 ice coconut water ice cubes (I wanted to make use of the coconut water in my fridge that I was not going to be able to drink before its expiration date but regular ice cubes would TOTALLY suffice)
- 1 T. cacao nibs plus extra for garnish
- Shredded coconut
1. Place all ingredients, except for cacao nibs and coconut, in high-speed blender in the order listed and blend for 20 seconds.
2. Add 1 T. cacao nibs and blend on low for just a couple seconds so that they are just incorporated.
3. Pour milkshake...err smoothie (It sounds healthier)...into a glass. Garnish with some shredded coconut and cacao nibs and enjoy!