14 December 2012

Stomach Upset :(

My stomach has been really upset this week and I have absolutely NO idea why.  It seems that every time I eat something it starts to hurt again...and I can't not eat!!  As a result, I've just been eating because I know I need to, even though I'm not hungry at all, and that's no fun :(  Wah.  It will pass but for now I'm cranky : /

Okay so dinner tonight was super light.  In addition to my lack of an appetite, I desperately need to go grocery shopping and the healthiest items in my fridge and pantry right now are spinach and artichoke hearts.  So what do I do?  I Google: "best recipe spinach artichoke" and up pops a salad recipe by Rachel Ray.  I'm not a fan of hers but the recipe got rave reviews so I made it and was not disappointed.


I had an orange with my salad (stomach was starting to hurt at that point but I ate it anyway) and for dessert, two Medjool dates stuffed with almond butter.  AMAZINGLY, the dates and almond butter kind of made my tummy feel better (healthy comfort food!!) and, while not 100%, I do feel slightly better as I sit here typing this!  I plan on having the dates and almond butter as part of my breakfast tomorrow--maybe they're the key to my recovery!

Ooh!  And as an aside, I made a batch of orange creamsicle cookie sandwiches today to bring into work!  They turned out beautifully, I think.  My friend, Courtney, who teaches at the yoga studio where I work, requested I do something orange creamsicle-flavored and this is what I came up with!  She teaches a class tomorrow morning and I am excited for her to try the cookies :)  Three already sold tonight!


Gotta love Instagram...

2 comments:

  1. Oh no I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling well :( Tummy troubles are the worst. I know how it feels to eat because you have to and not because you are hungry. I hope that you begin to feel better soon!

    Gorgeous cookies! What a fun, whimsical flavor and presentation! I always look forward to seeing what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sarah! I'm happy to say I am feeling MUCH better. I don't know what it was but whatever "it" was stayed with me for awhile!

    The suggestion for orange creamsicle came from one of my friends at work. I agree that it's a fun flavor and probably not one I would have thought of on my own! I like orange creamsicle (I suppose!) but I don't LOVE it like my friend does ;)) THe cookies were well received though!

    ReplyDelete