Yay! I have held up my commitment to blogging for day number two!
Today I decided to share a recipe. I have been enjoying raw 'oat'meal for breakfast the past few days. The 'oat'meal is tasty, full of different textures, satisfying and nutritious! Not to mention, it's incredibly easy to make and can be modified to suit different taste preferences.
- 3 T. flaxseed
- 1/2 c. almond or other non-dairy milk (you can use more/less to give your 'oat'meal a thinner/thicker consistency)
- 1 banana (again, you could alter this by blending 2 bananas for a thicker texture and more banana-y taste, or chop up a second banana to have another layer of texture in your oatmeal!)
- 2 tsp. pure maple syrup, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon, or to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- 2 T. toasted pecans or other nut of choice (I realize toasting the nuts makes them not authentically "raw" but the pecans simply MUST be toasted for maximum flavor!!!--NOT optional!)
Scoop flaxseed into a bowl and pour milk over. Cover and refrigerate overnight. This will allow the mixture to get thick and goopy (I know this sounds a little gross but it will allow for an amazing oatmeal-y texture). The following morning, blend the rest of your ingredients (except for the pecans) and garnish with toasted pecans. Enjoy!