27 November 2012

Ladies Night Out Event

This Friday I am participating in an event where I will get to sell my baked goods!  I am so excited!  I started baking today and am going to try and make as many of my treats as close to the event day as possible to ensure maximum freshness!  There are a couple of things I know will be fine frozen/refrigerated until Friday bur other things, like mini pumpkin pies, I'm going to make the day before.

I went to Meijer to get gift bags and other cute packaging for my treats, and Meijer had, surprisingly, a great selection!  I got stickers, cute little boxes, bags and plate kits (which I'm not sure how I'm going to use yet).  While I love baking, I think my favorite part is packaging everything up.  I tried to choose packaging that was religion-neutral, since not everyone celebrates Christmas.


The first things I baked were my brownie cookies and my chocolate-dipped coconut macaroons.  The cookies will freeze great until Friday and the macaroons will do A-OK in the fridge.  I don't want to freeze them because I fear that when they thaw they might lose their crunch and get a little soggy.  I'm not sure of this but I don't want to risk it.  Soggy macaroons?  Yuck.




Participants in the event are required to donate an item of their choice for a silent auction (I forget where the money goes--I want to say something affiliated with kids/local public school system).  I assembled a sample platter with brownie cookies, macaroons, chocolate-dipped macaroons, iced pumpkin chai cookies (which I made awhile ago and froze, and I tested one of the thawed cookies last night and they are just as fresh-tasting--freezers are awesome!), lemon sugar cookies and a piece of my pumpkin roll.  I might add more stuff to the platter as I continue to bake or I might just leave it as is.



And so, without further ado, here's what I've made so far!!  The selection includes THE BEST (if I do say so myself) vegan AND gluten-free caramel corn, chocolate-dipped coconut macaroons, vegan truffle-stuffed Oreo chunk cookies (I set a couple aside to freeze when I made these recently), vegan AND gluten-free Butterfingers (recipe modified from Chocolate-Covered Katie) and vegan brownie cookies.  I suppose all the "vegan"s go without saying but I wanted to differentiate between the solely vegan items and the vegan AND gluten-free items.



My unofficial list of items I will be selling at the event are as follows:

- Vegan Brownie Cookies- Vegan Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Macaroons
- Vegan and Gluten-Free Butterfingers
- Vegan and Gluten-Free Caramel Corn
- Vegan Truffle-Stuffed Oreo Chunk Cookies (probably)
- Vegan Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Vegan and Gluten-Free Pumpkin Roll (maybe)
- Vegan Mini Pumpkin Pies (maybe)
- Vegan and Gluten-Free Pumpkin Fudge
- Vegan and Gluten-Free Chocolate-Covered Granola Bombs
- Vegan Chocolate-Dipped Gourmet Pretzels
- Vegan and Gluten-Free Chocolate-Peppermint Krispies


Any other ideas????



2 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing! I'm so excited for you to sell your vegan treats! What a great way to show that vegan food can be AMAZING! Everything looks beautiful and is packaged so nicely! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Sarah! I'll be sure and take photos at the event and post them this weekend ;))

    ReplyDelete