22 September 2012

Ode to a Beet

Lately I have been eating beets like they are going out of style.  Fall awakens something in me that just craves this root vegetable.  I never thought I liked beets until I tried them roasted.  With just a little oil, salt and pepper, the beet somehow transforms itself in the oven into something utterly new and unbelievably scrumptious.  I call it magic.


So this post is my ode to the beet: a beautifully-colored, delicious, nutritious and versatile vegetable.  I could eat (and have), the beet as is, roasted, but I prefer to dice it and put it on a bed of arugala with roasted carrots, toasted pecans and spicy Dijon vinaigrette.  This salad is a fall favorite.



I next want to try this recipe for beet risotto (veganized, naturally).  If a recipe calls for a beet, I am game to try it, and this recipe looks absolutely divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment