Mint Dream Brownies
Cranberry Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Both are vegan, of course, but the cookies are vegan as well as gluten-free! Pictures follow, as does a recipe for the cookies.
Vegan, Gluten-Free Cranberry Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Yields approximately 20 medium-sized cookies
- 1/2 c. vegetable shortening
- Scant 1 c. cane sugar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar, firmly packed- 1 flax 'egg' (1 T. ground flax seed + 3 T. hot water, whisked together or processed together and allowed to let sit for a few minutes to thicken)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c. gluten-free flour mixture (I used Bob's Red Mill but you can make your own!)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Scant 1/4 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 c. gluten-free oats
- Heaping 1/4 c. dried cranberries
- Heaping 1/4 c. Thompson raisins (you can use any kind but these are my favorite!)
1. Preheat oven to 350'. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, blend sugars and shortening together until light and fluffy, about three minutes. Add flax 'egg' and vanilla.
3. In a separate large bowl, sift together dry ingredients, except for oats and dried fruit. Add dry mixture to wet and mix until incorporated. Turn off the blender and mix in oats, cranberries and raisins by hand.
4. Drop spoonfuls of dough onto prepared baking sheets. Form dough into miniature disks, flattening slightly.
5. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until edges are slightly golden.6. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to finish cooling.