This dessert is very, very easy to make, and it looks so pretty, you are sure to impress!
Raw/Vegan Berry "Cheese"cake
- 1/2 c. pecans
- 1/2 c. walnuts
- 4 Medjool dates, soaked for 30 minutes
- Dash of salt
Cashew "Cheese"cake Filling
- 1/2 c. cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. agave nectar
- 1/2 c. frozen strawberries, thawed (you may also use fresh if they're available and in season!)
- 1/4 c. frozen raspberries, thawed (again, feel free to use fresh!)
*Note: Experiment with your berry ratio! If you like blueberries, blackberries, cherries, even (well, you get the idea), try those out! Just keep the 3/4 c. amount the same!
1. Use a paper towel to grease two 5" quiche dishes with coconut oil. Set dishes aside.
2. Blend together 'Cashew "Cheese"cake Filling' ingredients (EXCEPT for the berries) until creamy. Pour into an airtight container and place in refrigerator to chill.
3. Meanwhile, process 'Crust' ingredients together until a large ball forms. You can make your crust as "coarse" or as "fine" as you'd like (I enjoy a more compact, "fine," crust, but that's just me!).
4. Divide crust between the two greased quiche dishes and press dough in to place. Cover each dish with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
5. After they've had time to chill, remove crusts and "cheese"cake filling from refrigerator. Divide approximately 2/3 of the total filling amount between the two dishes (so you're reserving 1/3 of the filling) and smooth the mixture to make it look pretty.
6. Return the remaining 1/3 of the filling to the food processer and add the berries. Blend for a few seconds until mixed.
7. Pour half of the berry "cheese"cake mixture into each dish on top of the first plain "cheese"cake layer. Return dishes to the refrigerator and allow to chill for a few hours.
8. Remove dishes from refrigerator 30 minutes prior to eating.