That's right, I'm back!
And to kickstart this revival, I'm offering the BEST mushroom soup recipe ever. It's not me being conceited. It's just a fact. This is, hands down, the best [mushroom] soup my taste buds have ever experienced. I'm sure that once you try out the recipe and taste it for yourself, you'll agree.
In the words of Julia Child, Bon Appetit!
Creamy Mushroom and Potato Soup
- 20 dried Cepes mushrooms, thinly torn
- 5 small-medium Yukon hold potatoes, peeled and diced-
- 4 semi-large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 heaping c. freshly chopped parsley
- 6 c. boiling water
- 1.5 tsp. sea salt (or more, to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 c. cashew cream
1. Sauté potatoes and mushrooms in oil over medium heat for three minutes.
2. Add boiling water, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
3. Let cook, uncovered, for one hour or until potatoes are tender.
4. At the very end, stir in cashew cream and mix thoroughly to incorporate...that's it!